sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] CA certs

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: Public SourceMage Discussion List <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] CA certs
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 00:24:14 -0500

On Jul 16, Arwed von Merkatz [v.merkatz AT gmx.net] wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 08:05:25AM -0400, Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
> > Hi Jeremy,
> >
> > I'd say file a bug and let's make it a spell if we can. NSS didn't have
> > any indication of certificates being in the package, I can tell you that
> > much. I may have missed it though, 'cause the point of the exercise was
> > different. Anyway, I think it's better to have a spell or a Mozilla
> > option (if that's doable), than do nothing.
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sergey.
>
> Any progress on this Sergey? It's getting really annoying to have
> mozilla, firefox and all browsers based on them complain about every
> single https site they connect to.
> I think a seperate spell as optional_depends for nss would probably be
> the best solution.

A fix for this has been applied in devel and test for firefox, mozilla, and
thunderbird. We need some people to test these since they're currently
holding up stable 0.1 and they include upstream security updates as well.
If you use these spells and are willing, please cast the new versions from
test over the next day let us know if they work for you or not.