sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Next Generation ISO Ready for Testing!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Next Generation ISO Ready for Testing!
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:13:24 +0200

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 22:45:50 -0500, David Kowis wrote:

> Source Mage: The Next Generation installation ISO ready for testing!
>
> After many, many hours of development and hard work by BearPerson, the Next
> Generation Installer is ready for testing. And this Installer is
> packaged using his ISO Generation Scripts. This is the bleeding edge of
> Source
> Mage ISO production. An ISO has been uploaded to
> download.sourcemage.org[0] and I'm running a bittorrent tracker[1] to serve
> it
> up that way too.

> [0]
> http://download.sourcemage.org/iso/testing/smgl-devel-2005071801-x86-2.6.12.2-newgen.iso.bz2
> [1] http://tracker.shlrm.org:4300/
> [2] http://bugs.sourcemage.org/
> [3]
> http://http://download.sourcemage.org/iso/testing/smgl-devel-2005071801-x86-2.6.12.2-newgen.iso.bz2.torrent

Oh, don't hang on to those links.
The ISO will probably update every few bugfixes that we get out, so
that the old versions will vanish from the mirror, to be replaced by new ones.
Some days, this rate may be quite rapid, like 2 or 3 ISOs in one day,
depending on the speed of the bug reports and the fixing.

As some of you may already be aware, there already is a newer version, for
example ;-) I was thinking that we keep around the 2 most recent devel
versions,
then we won't be cutting anyone's download in half by suddenly removing it.
I'm in the process of setting up cron scripts to do so.

So Far,
Karsten

p.s.: current devel ISO version is devel-2005071815 . Please file bug reports
simply against version "devel". FYI, the ISO version is composed of a
timestamp
containing year, month, day and hour (UTC) of ISO creation. Largest number
means most recent, they should beautifully sort alphabetically.