sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Sorcery and the Broken Cache

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David C. Haley" <dhaley AT tamsco.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery and the Broken Cache
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:50:31 +0400

Greetings everyone,

I have been having having some issues with sorcery updating correctly. It
always comes back stating that the gpg signature could not be verified.

With the help of swoolley & emrys I we were able to deduce that it is due to
a broken cache. Apparently the broken cache is returning to me old .asc files
and causing sorcery downloads/updates to halt.

I was wondering if https could be considered or setup as a means to eleviate
the broken cache issue. As swoolley informed me https does not use permit for
caches so it would let things proceed as normal.

I am not sure if anyone else has had similar problems, or pinpointed it to a
cache issue. As some of you know I am located across the globe on a network
that gets bounced all over teh world. Unfortunately I do not control anything
on said network aside from what is in my little server room (which I know for
a fact has no caching setup).

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Could https:// be something that could
be setup?

Regards,

SilverSlayer
---
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]