sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Localization problem

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Belxjander Serechai <belxjander_serechai AT yahoo.co.nz>
  • To: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Localization problem
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:04:48 +1200

Ive done something similar on a previous install but that was simply
making the entire system UTF-8 encoding dependant and then installing
"im-ja" for Japanese Xinput

would this be of any help with the Cyrillic if the ISO and general
installs were made UTF-8 by default for anything and everything to
"just work" and let the sysadmin have one less headache?

or shall we leave it for whomever bothers to rebuild their system
with updated configuration selections?

Jeremy "Belxjander Serechai" Sutherland