sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] A little announcment from your friendly games guru

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Mads Laursen <smgl AT dossen.dk>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] A little announcment from your friendly games guru
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:21:25 +0200

On 10/07/05 09.52, Andrew ruskie Levstik wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I hope this to be one of many such announcements in the near-far future.
> A new game has been added to the games grimoire that has it's roots
> completly in the commercial windows gaming platform.
>
> The game is Warzone 2100.

Two things: Failed to compile with invoke_gcc in the BUILD and data was
installed without user read access... Known bugs?

Other than that, great work! Let's have more! Personally I think that SMGL
should be able to install all the big games on linux (obviously can't
support all the Free ones, just too many, but there are not _that_ many
"big" games available for linux), whether they be closed (in
rejected section), liberated engine with closed data (maybe with a script or
spell for installing data from some common forms of media), or fully
liberated (data either Free or free). Just so much nicer to have sorcery
deal with it.

Anyways, This is great news.

/dossen
--
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
-- Albert Einstein