sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc call for testing

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc call for testing
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:02:44 -0700

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 09:14:26AM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Quoting Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>:
> > On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 01:58:49PM -0700, Seth Alan Woolley wrote:
> >> Here's a list of things I'd like fixed:
> >>
> >> http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Stable0.1Notes
> >>
> >> If they are already fixed, let me know, if you can fix them let me and
> >> the person next to it know. Feel free to add annoyances to the list
> >> above if they are pretty important spells or user-unfriendly. Assign
> >> them to yourself unless you have permission. Also add a real bug for
> >> them in bugzilla.
> >
> > "glibc should refuse building an i386 nptl by downgrading to a non-nptl
> > glibc automatically and skipping the prompt for bug 8399 (unassigned)"
> >
> > Just fixed this in devel, test and stable-rc.
> >
> > " g++ compile will fail instead of pre-triggering gcc if they aren't in
> > sync (same with other gcc compilers) (arwed)"
> >
> > No idea how to fix this without support from sorcery, suggestions?
>
> I think having g++ gracefully fail out if gcc isn't the correct version
> should be enough. We don't want spells trying to cast other spells
> (outside of TRIGGERS, which would be too late for g++, unless we want
> g++ to fail, trigger a cast on gcc, which'll then know to trigger a
> cast on g++ only in this instance).

I think what I meant was to check in PREPARE and fail out at that stage
so that it doesn't accidentally create bug 8682 for old upgraders.

Just a different way of fixing it I guess ... not sure if that's the
"only" way to fix it, but I think that's what we decided on one time in
IRC.

Seth

Quality Assurance Team Leader & Security Team: Source Mage GNU/linux
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic http://www.sourcemage.org
Secretary Pacific Green Party of Oregon http://www.pacificgreens.org
Key id 00BA3AF3 = 8BE0 A72E A47E A92A 0737 F2FF 7A3F 6D3C 00BA 3AF3