sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] stable-rc call for testing

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc call for testing
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:58:49 -0700

For those on stable grimoire itching for some testing but not quite
"test" grimoire.

scribe add stable-rc or scribe update stable-rc

sorcery queue

cast --queue

sorcery rebuild

sorcery rebuild

if it fails anywhere there, please file a bug.

I believe it's getting close to stability, so after some more testing,
I'll give another notice on how much time until the next stable release
I think we'll need and a schedule for release of stable version 0.1.

ISO team can use this stable-rc as well to see if they can get an iso to
build with cauldron on this grimoire.

Here's a list of things I'd like fixed:

http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Stable0.1Notes

If they are already fixed, let me know, if you can fix them let me and
the person next to it know. Feel free to add annoyances to the list
above if they are pretty important spells or user-unfriendly. Assign
them to yourself unless you have permission. Also add a real bug for
them in bugzilla.

Above and beyond that, we've tested over 500 spells this time on this
set, so it should be getting more and more reliable. Gotchas might be
in unusual configurations and so we'd like to know about those.

Thanks,

Seth

Quality Assurance Team Leader & Security Team: Source Mage GNU/linux
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic http://www.sourcemage.org
Secretary Pacific Green Party of Oregon http://www.pacificgreens.org
Key id 00BA3AF3 = 8BE0 A72E A47E A92A 0737 F2FF 7A3F 6D3C 00BA 3AF3