sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Addon for web site!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Paul Mahon <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Addon for web site!
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 13:02:22 -0400

That might be nice, but there's a minor problem with it. The normal way
to put IRC onto a web page is with a Java applet IRC client.
Unfortunately, Java applets don't (by default) allow connections to
computers other than the one it came from. Since our IRC server is not
the same as our web server, the applet would require gaining privileges
(IIRC from a long time ago)

Two projects that come to mind are:
http://pitr.net/darkerirc/
http://www.pjirc.com/main.php