sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] gcc 4.0 testing

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] gcc 4.0 testing
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 21:17:24 +0200

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 01:43:24PM -0400, Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
> Arwed,
>
> I followed the recipe at the bottom of this page to make mono spell use
> gcc 3.4
> but it still says "GCC 4.0.0" in the compile log. I checked, and GCC 3.4
> appears to be working:

Check the compile log in detail. There should be a line
Overriding gcc version: 3.4.3
some lines after the "Using gcc version: 4.0.0".
Other obvious errors include not having gcc34 installed or GCC_VERSION
not being set to exactly 3.4
Not sure what else could be wrong as long as the FUNCTIONS and libgcc
file in that grimoire are up to date as mono uses default_build.