sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:27:06 -0600

Quoting Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>:

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 10:27:12AM +0100, Benoit PAPILLAULT wrote:
My conclusion was that NPTL is not supported on i386 :-(. What
architecture did you select in sorcery?

I agree, I had almost exactly the same problem the other day, I switched
to pentium and it worked fine. The arch appears to be i386:
>gcc ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/libc-lowlevellock.c -c -std=gnu99 -O
>-Wall -Winline -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -march=i386 -pipe

I filed a bug against glibc such that it should refuse to build nptl if
the arch is i386.
Yep, I thought I'd set the settings for Architecture, but apparantly not. That
was it.
Stoopid kowis :)

--
One login to rule them all, one login to find them. One login to bring them all,
and in the web bind them.