sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO Progress

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO Progress
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:59:57 +0100

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:03:30 +0100
Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org> wrote:

> Eric Sandall a écrit :
> > I've noticed a few -test ISOs have made it out with problem and success
> > reports
> > coming in (thanks testers! :)). How is the progress coming along for a new
> > -test(3?) ISO and what can we do to help?
>
> -test3 is nearly ready. Some bugs have been fixed, but not all of them.
> I've done my best to add USB support (keyboard, CDROM) as well as sata
> drives. Since linux 2.6.10 hits stable, i need to convert my .config files.

Could we finally use this opportunity to try and unify our kernel configs?
As I have said, iso/data/config-2.6 includes some "wisdom" of earlier times,
for example they include almost everything as a module since this kernel
is (still) used as the default install-from-cache kernel.

> I'd like to know what is the status of the installer btw. Ready to be
> shipped on ISO or not? If not, i'll use mine + bugfix.

I'm not David, but AFAIK the new installer is pretty untested/undone
and so should maybe not go on release ISOs for a while still.
I'd like to finally see 0.9.4 out for one, so IMHO you should hack
what needs to be hacked in the current smgl.install, while the ng-test
ISOs can gradually be used to test the new installer, which will then
when it is stable move on into your scripts.

Just my opinions,
So Far,
Karsten