sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] clean up httpd.conf and adding and removing websites

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] clean up httpd.conf and adding and removing websites
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:22:55 -0600

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 10:26 -0800, Eric Sandall wrote:
>On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, David Michael Leo Brown Jr. wrote:
>> I know this has been talked about on and off before, but I would like
>to seriously get this started.
>>
>> Also I propose the same sort of approach to apache root. Adding a
>directory /usr/share/apache[2]/httpd.d where all sites would be
>installed then requiring the user to link from there to where ever they
>want. (Seth I think you were concerned about this)
>>

>As for the DocumentRoot installation, I like the idea of not having
>packages install themselves to Apache's default DocumentRoot
>(/usr/share/apache{,2}/htdocs), and thus being accessible before the
>admin might have the chance to properly configure and secure it (e.g.
>php{my,pg}admin).
>
>-sandalle

Would be nice if where packages are installed could be changed as well
as I don't like web pages in /usr/share myself. I like having the
config files put in /etc/httpd/httpd.d and have manually modified PHP
etc to do that and I then manually add the include statement in
httpd.conf

CuZnDragon
Robin Cook