sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Mount Issues

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Mount Issues
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:59:13 +0100

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 01:12:26PM -0000, Fabio Rom?n Arbelo wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I've been suffering the same problem, but unfortunately I haven't been
> able to fix it yet. I've already tried what Andrej says, but the
> segmentation fault is still with me :-( I tried to solve it using
> util-linux-2.12i and util-linux-2.12p. I don't know what's going on, but
> I'm getting really depressed :/ It is very strange, because when I type
> "mount -n -o remount, rw /" or "mount -f -o remount, rw /" after the
> boot process (I mean, after getting my wonderful segmentation fault), I
> don't get any error messages.
>
> ¡Ayuda por favor! Help me please!

I still have no idea why that mount is breaking, but from some
experiments people did it seems to only happen for people using devfs,
not on udev boxes.
Right now the best advice I can give you is to remove the remount line
from mountall.sh (it's not strictly necessary) and maybe switch to udev
if you're using only 2.6 kernels.

http://www.sourcemage.org