sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] KDE CVS spells - request for comments

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Gareth Clay <kde AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] KDE CVS spells - request for comments
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:25:37 +0000

On Thursday 17 February 2005 5:20 pm, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 09:51:16AM +0100, Eric Schabell wrote:
> [...]
>
> > I use them every once in awhile, especially with kdevelop, but would be
> > nicer to integrate into the standard spells and have a choice of the
> > stable or cvs releases (not sure why one would want devel and not the
> > latest greatest...).
>
> I don't think giving a choice for the spells is an option here, unless
> you can be 100% sure that mixing cvs and stable spells always works, and
> i doubt that. So if cvs spells for those are wanted they should be a
> completely seperate chain of spells for the libraries.

Yeah, like you say there's no guarantee that stable will work with CVS - it
highly unlikely that it will. This is another reason I don't like the current
setup. The same applies to mixing stable and devel kde spells.

I'm not sure what the best thing to do about this is. What do you mean by
"separate chain" of spells, can you clarify a bit? Probably just being dense
here - it'll probably make sense as soon as you explain a tiny bit :)

Thanks,
Gareth