sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] TEST GRIMOIRE PROBLEM: findutils args strictness

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] TEST GRIMOIRE PROBLEM: findutils args strictness
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 14:21:21 +0100

Hi guys!
Just wanted to give a quick yell on the ML about this:
the new version of findutils in test has stricter args handling.
This causes scribe reindex to break.
If I'm right, this will also cause cast to fail because it can't find
the spells.
But it may be that cast still works it seems, I'm still a little confused
as to that. Maybe an old index file is used...
I'll jump on it and try to fix sorcery, AFAIK that will only fix it in
devel though. So be prepared if any of you cast findutils, the fix
should carry into sorcery soon.
Stable sorcery users: Probably it will take a little time for even this
fix to migrate to stable, so if you're using test grimoire you may want
to consider switching to test sorcery for a bit (or to stable grimoire
when you haven't recast findutils yet)

Working on a fix, just putting a quick yell as soon as I was told of it...

So Far,
Karsten