sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO Release Procedure

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO Release Procedure
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:14:24 -0800

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 12:24:01PM -0800, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Just to get this open for comment and out so everyone has an idea of what
> I'd
> like to see for ISO releases, here's my "plan" for releasing ISOs.
>
> 1. Test ISOs are released by an ISO Team member (preferrably the one
> working on
> that release, e.g. Benoit for the 0.9.4 -test series) and posted to
> testing/ on
> http://download.sourcemage.org/iso/ and announced to sm-discuss only (not
> sm-announce).
>
> 2. Once a test ISO looks like it's getting ready for a final release, a Team
> Lead (ISO Team Lead or Project Lead) will use the scripts in
> //sgl/cauldron/devel to generate an -rc release for further testing (the
> first
> -rc, -rc1, should be an exact copy of the last -test release) and announce
> sm-discuss and sm-announce (as well as posting to the testing/ directory).
>
> 3. Once an -rc is labeled as "bug free" (in that we get no more reports) a
> Team
> Lead (ISO Team Lead or Project Lead) will use the scripts in
> //sgl/cauldron/stable (which will be branched from //sgl/cauldron/devel into
> //sgl/cauldron/stable and //sgl/cauldron/release/<version> [e.g.
> //sgl/cauldron/release/0.9.4/]) to generate a final release, post to
> http://download.sourcemage.org/iso/ and announce to sm-discuss, sm-announce,
> distrowatch.com, and any others we can think of.

Should we put this plan on the wiki so its more permantly/easily
accessable in the future?

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |