sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] OFF-TOPIC bi-arch request WAS: ISO generation

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Michael Leo Brown Jr." <dmlb2000 AT excite.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] OFF-TOPIC bi-arch request WAS: ISO generation
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:41:15 -0500 (EST)

I agree with afrayedknot on this one.

There are several reasons why we can't support bi/multi arch support right
now.
First, we are very close to our 1.0 release. This means that we can't go after
big features like multi arch support. Multi arch support would take weeks and
an entire team to create and work the kinks out of implementing multi arch
support. The time it would take to achieve a good working multi arch support
system would also take away from time maintaining the system we already have.
Also, we don't have enough people to fill the unmaintained sections, really
we should be worrying about filling those open positions and getting people
to give time and effort into maintaining those sections.

We don't have the time or the people to do that right now. After the 1.0
release, I hope that, we will have an infux of new users and out of some of
those new users we can pull some more developers to help with more features
like multi arch support, providing our own game iso, versioning. Until then
we'll have to keep ideas like this off the front burner and keep our eyes on
the target of the 1.0 release.

- David Brown
dmlb2000*

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

  • Re: [SM-Discuss] OFF-TOPIC bi-arch request WAS: ISO generation, David Michael Leo Brown Jr., 01/26/2005