sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Idea about web-interface sorcery

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Anton Kovalyov <simanyay AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Idea about web-interface sorcery
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:28:24 +0500

Hello everybody. As you know Gentoo's portage allows users to install
several versions of packages (ebuilds). We don't have such feature.
But their protage is very big because of that feature. So I want to
propose:
As I know, some contributor had created web interface for sorcery. We
can add some features to it so it user will be able to:
1. run all gaze commands via web interface
2. select specific version of spell
3. download and install it (for that we can write bash script)

so if user want to install 2.6.5 linux kernel (and we have 2.6.10 in
grimoire), he needs to download spell for 2.6.5 and execute, for
example, 'change linux ./linux-2.6.5'

Thanks for your time

simanyay
jabber: simanyay AT jabber.org