sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Proposal: gaze newer last_update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: neuron <vlmarek AT volny.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Proposal: gaze newer last_update
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:06:42 +0100

> If you're going to do work on this, I think that we should make a
> distinction between last compile and last update.
>
> With afrayedknot's new tablet support we can know the difference now and
> head -n 1 the tablet history entry to get a real newer date.

I don't know what are you talking about at all :) What's tablet history,
where can I find it ?

> I propose we change gaze newer to check that (and if not there yet,
> using the compile data in the packages file that we currently use)
> against UPDATED as well as version updates. It would catch patchlevel
> revision updates that occurred between update and compile, which for
> people on stable grimoire may be a couple weeks.

If you can write function which returns date, it's as easy as what I
want to do. Anyway, probably I'm stupid but could you write me an
example for me as:

1. sorcery system-update
2. scribe update
3. sorcery system-update

gaze newer last_update = gaze newer DATE_of_1. Or just give me fuction
which returns date.

Thanks :)

--
Neuron