sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] TV Card Problems (was: MythTV Spell?)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "jason AT flattfamily.com" <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] TV Card Problems (was: MythTV Spell?)
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 02:58:52 -0500

I've never messed with an FM card, so I couldn't tell you. I did di a
search on Google and found this:
http://pcworld.pricegrabber.com/rating_getprodrev.php/product_id=1027904/id_
type=M/ut=18eaa02c63557a7b
where a commenter mentions this:
"...For other Linux users, I had to specify ''modprobe --verbose bttv
card=78 tuner=42'' to get the bttv driver to work."

Do you have the settings for your area correct in xawtv? When I had your
problem, setting the "TV norm" and "Frequency table" settings correctly
fixed it for me.