sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] TV Card Problems (was: MythTV Spell?)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: vze2hn5x AT verizon.net
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] TV Card Problems (was: MythTV Spell?)
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:28:43 -0500

Thanks for your help. I put the modprobe line (with tuner=2 instead of 42 because I'm not seeing 42 in the bttv documentation that I have anywhere) into the /etc/modprobe.conf file and everything seems to work. I then added "video*:*:*:0666" to the /etc/udev/udev.permissions file so that xawtv would be able to access the /dev/video0 file without me being root. The only problem I'm having with the tv tuner right now is that xawtv seems to like to default to pal. Not really a problem, but its a little annoying to have to constantly switch that setting.
Thanks,
Eric Cavaliere