sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] glibc testers wanted

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] glibc testers wanted
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 18:57:34 +0100

Hi,

we have a reworked glibc spell in the devel grimoire that includes what
used to be installed by glibc-kernel-headers and installs a newer
snapshot than the current test spell.
Since glibc compile has broken on some architectures several times (always
different architectures of course ...), I'd like to see some more
testing of it before we can pull it into test.
So here's what everyone can do to help:
- cast the attached glibc spell (or the one from devel if you have access
to p4)
- report success/failure with gcc version, architecture, optimization
settings (gurus can add that info directly to the WIP file in p4)

I'm attaching the spell so everyone can help testing, just don't do it
on a box you rely on unless you're confident you can fix it if it breaks
:)

http://www.sourcemage.org

  • [SM-Discuss] glibc testers wanted, Arwed von Merkatz, 12/07/2004