sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc and mysql 4.1.7

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>
  • To: Source Mage - Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc and mysql 4.1.7
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:26:46 -0600

On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 09:59 +0100, Benoit PAPILLAULT wrote:
> Eric Sandall a écrit :
> > Quoting Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>:
> >
> >>The mysql spell was not detecting the NPTL in glibc for some reason so I
> >>modified glibc to use config_query and build_api 2. Then modified mysql
> >>to grep the glibc.p file for NPTL="y".
>
> This kind of fix is wrong from my point of view. glibc.p is something
> that is not documented and which is "internal" to the sorcery api. What
> was the exact reason that mysql does not detect ntpl? What happens if
> you have compiled glibc without using sorcery?

If something was done outside of sorcery then I can not be held
responsible to determine what was done.

Then it needs something else to test against to see if glibc was
compiled with NPTL. The test that was there before was not working so
this was the only thing I could think of to get it working.

And it is not that mysql is not detecting NPTL but that it is looking
specifically for LINUX_THREADS and if it doesn't see it it fails on
configure. The detection of NPTL allows the applying of a workaround to
get it past configure. See http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=2173

If there was a sorcery mechanism to test for the config_query I would
use that.

CuZnDragon
Robin Cook