sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Perforce server problems - again...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: tony AT smee.org
  • To: "neuron" <vlmarek AT volny.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Perforce server problems - again...
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:49:29 +0100 (BST)

Hi Neuron,

I'd like to say first that your extremely generous offer is sincerely very
much appreciated. I was both surprised and touched to receive it.

But, while I thank you sincerely for the offer, I feel I must decline.
Simply put, you're supporting me as much as I'm supporting you: by helping
to develop SMGL, you (and the others) are helping to make my life as a
sysadmin easier and that's easily payment enough for the little time and
effort I spend running the Perforce server. This seems to me to be the
heart of open source software.

So thanks for the offer, and thanks for working on SMGL!

Tony