sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] AMD64

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jose Bernardo Silva" <jbs AT bandos.homelinux.com>
  • To: "Jeremy A. Kolb" <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] AMD64
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:18:53 +0100

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:15:35 -0400 (EDT), Jeremy A. Kolb wrote
> Does amd54 work with sm? What about running 32bit programs in it? I
> have a friend running debian 64 and he's having a hard time getting
> savage to work with it. He has a chrooted environment but it still
> won't work
> (though openoffice does). So I'm wondering, how does Sourcemage
> handle it?

Jeremy,

It doesn't - yet. I was thinking on having my amd64 run native, with a
chrooted env like debian so I could still run "neverwinter nights", but still
haven't had the time to properly investigate it. Low has also been trying to
boot in 64 bits.

---
Jose Bernardo B R Silva | Source Mage GNU/Linux Section Guru
jbernardo AT sourcemage.org | http://www.sourcemage.org
http://counter.li.org #245602
http://cosmos.oninetspeed.pt/jose.bernardo
jbs AT bandos.homelinux.com