sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Install, Update, Upgrade, freezes on boot

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Install, Update, Upgrade, freezes on boot
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:59:30 -0700

On Friday 06 August 2004 8:36 am, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Quoting Rohan Nicholls <rohan.nicholls AT pareto.nl>:
> > Eric Sandall wrote:

> > > Do we need to fix our init scripts? If so, which one(s)?
> >
> > I don't think so I am just somewhere that I don't need any network
> > filesystems, or in the case of samba have no interest, I am pretty sure
> > that there was a question asking whether I wanted to enable network file
> > services which defaulted to y and I didn't correct it, so silly me.
>
> Well I just did a clean install from the 20040414 2.6 ISO and had the same
> problem, but that change fixed it. So our init scripts are messed up
> somewhere.
>
> :( I'll see if I have time to go mucking around the init scripts to fix it,
> : but
>
> if anyone else has an inclination, please do. :)
>
> -sandalle

I also have recently done a clean install, and because of this thread I was
paying attention to that setting. It was correct off the ISO, but after
adding the Test grimoire and then rebuilding it was not. So, the problem is
in the current version of one of the spells that are included on the ISO.

--
Jason Flatt (jason @ flattfamily . com)
Father of five (http://www.flattfamily.com/)