sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Block the users spaming our lists...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jose Bernardo Silva" <jbs AT bandos.homelinux.com>
  • To: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>, SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Block the users spaming our lists...
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:45:06 +0100

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:11:28 -0700, Andrew wrote

> > I was hoping his first "last" message would be the last, but it is
> > becoming
> > very tiring. I understand erics will feel even more tired of seing
> > personal
> > attacks, drivel, and attempts at twisting history. I wouldn't call
> > blocking
> > that user censorship, as he himself has stated many times he no longer
> > wants
> > anything with us and thinks we are heading for the precipice.

[...]
> We're not censoring hamish, or anyone else for that matter. If you really
> feel that you can't deal with that then my response has been in vain.
> But theres this perfectly good tool called procmail and I suggest
> you learn to use it.

Andrew,

I see now that what I wrote can be understood to say that I would support
censorship. That is not what I *meant* to write - I *wanted* to say I would
understand in these particular case. But I also understand (and in fact prefer
it) that our stand is still for freedom of speech.
I apologize that my command of the english language sometimes fails me - and I
also apologise for doing the worst crime on a miling list - replying in the
heat of the moment.

PS: I use postfix (+ openwebmail for remote email access), but would really
like some help setting up a decent spam filter... I'm tired of breast
enlargment ads... :)

---
Jose Bernardo B R Silva | Source Mage GNU/Linux Section Guru
jbernardo AT sourcemage.org | http://www.sourcemage.org
http://counter.li.org #245602
http://cosmos.oninetspeed.pt/jose.bernardo
jbs AT bandos.homelinux.com