sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: freetype2 and firefox

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve01 AT pi.be>
  • To: Bas van Gils <bas.vangils AT cs.kun.nl>, Source Mage - Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: freetype2 and firefox
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:51:08 +0200

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 15:30, Bas van Gils wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 07:19:59AM +0100, Jose Bernardo Silva wrote:
> > That is one dumb bug that I've been unable to find much about yet... The
> > workaround is to first run mozilla/firefox as root, then it should work
> > for any user.
>
> Hi all
>
> well, I just did that and indeed, firefox starts after running it as root
> first. However, on both my laptop and my fixed box it crashes _a lot_. The
> error I get differs from time to time. Unfortunately, for some stupid
> reason, the 0.80 cache was gone on both my boxes so I'm recompiling 0.80 on
> both my boxes.
>
> is it just me or is 0.9.2 borked?

it crashed for me on my banking site, but it looks as if the error is coming
from xorg?

$ firefox
*** ExtensionManager:checkForMismatches: no access privileges to application
directory!
The program 'Gecko' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)'.
(Details: serial 35 error_code 168 request_code 145 minor_code 2)

> Bas
Regards, Treeve

--
PGP Key ID: AB929B24
PGP Key Fingerprint:31D9 D22F 42E6 F545 662E AB6F 9697 34C5 AB92 9B24