sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] devel sorcery errors

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: Duane Malcolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] devel sorcery errors
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:52:55 -0700

Uhm, okay. Well that cleanse stuff should only run once per reboot if
you have a tmpfs /tmp or after a ritualistic rm -rf of /tmp/sorcery. So
Im not sure how it is that you're getting that message over and over
again *sigh*. In anycase, as i've tried and apparently failed at doing
thats only there to protect people from running cast with an uncleansed
depends tree (because it will fail).

Second that would get run during an update before any unpacking has
occured so ctrl-c'ing out would just leave the old stuff there.
If you're really in a jam for some reason I would just take the sorcery
tarball, unpack it and run the provided install script which will install
everything with the correct permissions.

Third Im sorry cleanse doesnt work for you, can you please file a bug
on whatever is not working?

Finally, I recommend using test sorcery. You should have a menu option in
devel to use the test branch. I say this because Im going to be putting
in a lot of new stuff you probably dont want to see just yet...

-Andrew