sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] more sorcery stuff

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] more sorcery stuff
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:58:49 -0700

> I agree w/Arjan. I think it should be longer, but I suspect that is a
> detail
> to the overall issue of, "Should we?"

I guess I didn't quite get across the timing issue in my first email.
So I'll re-iterate.

We dont have any share holders or anything else so we can pretty much
release on whatever time table we feel like, and that time table should
be decided on by consensus, not by me and the high ups, or how I'm
feeling on a particular day, or by arbitrarily set and impossible to
hit release dates.

I dont care how long we want to wait between major sorcery releases, or
how long we want our qualification time as a "test" release to be.

Its all up the to other users and developers to decide how long those
periods should be and to find bugs in test before we go to stable, the
sorcery team can't find all the bugs before a release so we need other
users to help find them. If no one does that then this whole process is
useless overhead for me. If we want to form a qa team specifically
for this then thats fine too, I just dont want buggy "stable" releases
because no one would test the code before the release.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Sorcery Team Lead, Porting Team Lead | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |