sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] more sorcery stuff

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] more sorcery stuff
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:29:45 -0700

> Is a week enough? Seems like a short time to find bugs.

I dont really care about the exact timeframe, Im just trying to get
some sort of ballpark figure out. I cant imagine having a two month test
period or a 1 day test period. So a week or two seems reasonable.

> I'm using the test version on 2 machines (mostly without "challenges" ;-) )
> But I don't update daily (more like once every 2 days). In my situation that
> would leave about 5 days to try out all software...
> I guess 2 weeks would be better.

There isnt a test sorcery right now, unless you snagged it during the
very short period is was up last friday, or you're grabbing it out of
perforce for some reason (which is also not something I would recommend).

You sure thats not test grimoire?

Remember sorcery != grimoire. Devel test and stable grimore are
independant of devel and stable sorcery. The point of discussion is
adding a test sorcery; which currently does not exist as an officially
released codebase.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Sorcery Team Lead, Porting Team Lead | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |