sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Hotplug error

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Duane Malcolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Hotplug error
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:37:25 +1200

Mine has stopped.

I'm not sure if it was due to the hotplug update on the 13th of April. I got used to the warnings and didn't notice it stop. I'll try updating hotplug on another system later to see if it disappears.

I have also updated to linux 2.4.26.

Sorry about forcing you to top post, I was thinking of swapping to bottom posting then back again. But I thought I might be pushing my luck. I haven't really worried about where to post and so never got involved with the discussion.

Why aren't emails based mailing lists and web based forums integrated? Something I've never understood.

Duane

Jason Flatt wrote:
Ick! I can't believe you people are /forcing/ me to top post. :^)

I don't think it has anything to do with the kernel or udev. I think it is wholly from hotplug. I noticed it happening to my system right after an update to hotplug, that's why I made those comments.

Having said that, let me add that I have done nothing more than observation of my system to learn anything more about the problem. (Translation: I may be blowing smoke.) :^)