sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] 2004-04-09 ISO releases

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] 2004-04-09 ISO releases
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 09:09:35 -0700

Quoting Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>:
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 01:27, Andrew ruskie Levstik wrote:
> > On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 00:28:55 +1000
> > Hamish Greig <hgreig-nospam AT bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> >
> > Hmm framebuffer... eeeeeeekkkkkk.... I just hope I'll never have to
> > reinstall.... *just a random thought*
> >

> like I said, the default is 800x600.
> I chose to make it that so it was readable on older nomitors and it means
> much
> of the help and "--item-help" hints from the dialog outpu now fits within
> the
>
> screen.
> As I also said, non-framebuffer is available, the isolinux boot screen
> explains how luddites like yourself only need type 6 letters, "lowres", and
> you will install in the glory of 640x480 non-framebuffer console.
> Maybe in the future you could spare us your random thoughts until you
> possess
>
> all the facts ?
>
> thanks for you feedback

Perhaps having the lowest common denominator (lowres) as default would be
safest? Then those who like framebuffer (such as myself) can use 'highres' to
enable it.

Does that sound reasonable (even though some of the text help would be
truncated
now. Perhaps we need to shorten those?)?

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61