sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Improved API for query and store config information

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vladimír Marek <vlmarek AT volny.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Improved API for query and store config information
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:27:48 +0100

> There is a libapi that should contain all functions that are allowed
> to be called in a spell.
> I would suggest you save the persistent stuff to different files,
> perhaps add a .p suffix?

Yes, that would be nice. The downside is that we will have two files for
the same purpose then. If this is not a problem, than it's the best
solution, I think (why haven't found that myself ? :) ).

We may call $SPELL_CONFIG deprecated, and as the time comes, we may
$SPELL_CONFIG remove completely, when no spells will be using that file.
Plus cast itself would use the ? $SPELL_PERSIST ?

What do you think about this ?

--
Neuron