sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc error

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc error
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:46:17 +0100

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 10:06:09AM +0100, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 09:56:26AM +0100, Wolfgang Scheicher wrote:

> > > It appears that someone else has this problem, but I saw no resolution
> >
> > That was me, and as far as i suspect that you get a broken gcc if you
> > compile
> > gcc on a system with a nptl glibc. Too broken to compile any glibc.
>
> I definitely compiled gcc on nptl at least once and don't have such
> problems, will try it again now.

Ok, just recompiled gcc with the latest glibc, no problems compiling
the test program with that. The cause must be something else, though i
don't really have a clue what that could be.
binutils 2.14.90.0.8
gcc 3.3.3
glibc 2.3.3

gcc compiled with C, C++, Java, Ada and Objective C frontends, without
fixed includes.

--
Arwed v. Merkatz Sourcemage GNU/Linux developer
http://www.sourcemage.org