sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] udev on /dev HOWTO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] udev on /dev HOWTO
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:40:08 +0100

Just found some errors, use the udev and simpleinit-msb spells i attach
here. If you want a 100% reliable init then switch off parallel init.
The problem is that the udev script needs to run alone, because it
signals init to recreate the initctl fifo. Currently i try to make sure
it's run alone by having everything NEED "+devices", but that doesn't
seem to work fully reliable.