sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] license of xfree86

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: SourceMage GNU/Linux Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] license of xfree86
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:54:06 -0600 (CST)

This is definitely an option, and would obviously make a statement about
the smgl community's opinion of the new license! However, this might be a
little too harsh. As far as I can tell, the license is still within the
boundaries of the open source definition. A simple copyright notice
could be displayed in CONFIGURE and DETAILS and I think we'd be
compliant. Either option works for me. :-)

-casey