sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] linux 2.6 headers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] linux 2.6 headers
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:04:57 +1100

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:25, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> Ok, after having tested most of those spells with 2.4 kernel headers by
> accident, i now ran all tests again and fixed some compile problems.
> parted still doesn't compile, no idea why, the rest works.
> lilo has one caveat: it won't be able to boot from lvm devices if
> compiled with 2.6 kernel headers, as the 2.6 kernel doesn't have a lvm.h
> header.
> All of this is in test and devel and should be safe to use (this time
> really :)

xfree86-devel fails due to use of linux/config.h during compile. I removed
(locally) it's (config.h's) include of the linux/err_kernel_only.h file so it
didn't choke. It has continued passed the previous failure point (still
casting ), but I am not sure if this is a valid fix for this problem or not.
Hamish

--
IRC nick: drmoriarty
SMGL co-conspirator