sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New nptl spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: shivaken <shivaken AT jcom.home.ne.jp>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New nptl spell
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:59:46 +0900

On Sunday 14 December 2003 13:16, Hamish Greig wrote:
> sorcery has always optionally supported xdelta. you must select it's use in
> the feature menu and must also have xdelta installed.
> How to use it ? no-one in my almost two years has ever used it , to the
> best of my knowledge (I manually used an xdelta in one games spell, because
> I didn't want to wade through sorcery code and no-one in sorcery team had
> the time to help me). Read the source if you want.

Really? I found nothing by ..
# grep xdelta /var/lib/sorcery/modules
If you don't care, please send that games spell. I'm interested.

> I wouldn't consider adding redhats patches a good idea. We have no idea
> which of the other 30 patches those four might rely on. they might apply
> cleanly and even compile but after that we have no control.

2.6 will be released soon. And testing it is very deficult.
I think it is not needed that supporting nptl with 2.4.x .

> As for the glibc snapshot sources I made a tarball of my checkout. while
> the spell is being triple checked by experienced guru's in the devel repo I
> am happy to serve this tarball, but when the spell goes live in test I will
> cahnge the URL to the sourcemage mirror.

Thanks. I thought the xdelta on my site will be temporarry.

--
--- shivaken
ant command line front end