sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] expectations of users

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Damien Mascord <tusker AT tusker.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] expectations of users
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 09:50:58 +0800

Hi,

Usually you can just SSH to port 443 (which of course you will need to then setup your SSH server to listen on 443 aswell as 22) as most firewalls allow that through...

Otherwise you can setup some kind of http tunneling, to setup a "tunnel" to your home PC... then you can use that tunnel to ssh... and even to setup ppp over ssh to setup a route to your home box...

http://www.nocrew.org/software/httptunnel.html is the URL to the normal http tunnel.

There are others available, and you will have to search for them.

The most annoying firewall to get around are the NT based passworded ones, as getting the NT Auth stuff working with the http tunnels is a bit of a struggle, to say the least!

Hope this helps,

Damien

evraire AT tuwg.com wrote:

DOH!!! Meant to make it list-only, ended up making it recipient only :/
Sorry about that.

Please see below....