sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] List etiquette

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Justin Rocha (Xenith)" <jrocha AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] List etiquette
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 04:02:32 -0800

List etiquette, eh? First off, make sure your mail client wraps to 79 or 80
characters (or whatever the standard is). Nothing I hate more than lines that
go
all the way across my screen, wrap around with an ugly '+', and break in the
worst places. :)

Second, punctuation is your friend.

Now, true, those were just general email things, but I see a lot of them on
our
lists.

Now, personally, I like it when people respond directly to me and CC: the
lists.
(a la Reply-To-All) I rarely get around to actually reading my SourceMage
mailboxes more than 2 or 3 times a week. But I check my INBOX every day. :)

Duplicate emails can easily be taken care of by a simple procmail filter, if
you
have access to that.

And lastly, reply-to munging will be done over my cold, dead body. ;-)

(Your friendly Mailing List Guru)
--
Justin Rocha KG6SGU
-Xenith || jrocha@sourcemage..org || http://xenith.org/