sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] MySQL 4

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: Robin <robin AT kallisti.net.nz>
  • Cc: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] MySQL 4
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:32:57 -0500

The docs at mysql.com cover the only two scripts you need to run to update the
tables. They will still work without the upgrade, but you don't get as nifty
features. also you will need to install perl-DBI or something so that perl can
talk to the database.
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Upgrading-from-3.23.html

Also, pertaining to the new spell that Mr. Schabell made, I just changed the
version number in the test grimoire and it still works. Compiled and
everything.
I don't know what he changed, if anything, but the one in the test grimoire
works out-of-the-box.

Quoting Robin <robin AT kallisti.net.nz>:

> Hey there, I'm just wondering if an upgrade to MySQL 4 is in the works
> for the test grimoire (apologies if it is there already, I'm waiting
> until I have plenty of time for the init upgrade before updating).
> Anyone know how much conversion it takes for MySQL 3 databases to move
> to the new format?
>
> I'm looking at setting up an app that requires 4+, and wondering how
> tricky it'll be.
>
> (BTW, I've started playing Ars Magica, a middle-ages magic-oriented
> roleplaying game, so if you feel the need to Latinise Source Mage, let
> me know ;)
>
> --
> Robin <robin AT kallisti.net.nz> JabberID: <eythian AT jabber.org>
>
> Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?
>
> PGP Key 0x776DB663 Fingerprint=DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D
> B663

find ~your -name '*base* | xargs chown :us