sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Cluster/cabal question

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Pierre Abbat <phma AT webjockey.net>
  • To: Source Mage Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Cluster/cabal question
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 23:15:19 -0400

I may be getting a job that will require lots of identical machines. I am
thinking of having one master (which I will log in to to run Cabal), one test
slave, and many other slaves. When I update something, I will first update it
on the master, make sure it works, update it on the test slave, make sure it
installed correctly, and then update it on all the other slaves. In case an
update to openssl or openssh leaves the test slave inaccessible, I can revert
it and not update the rest until I figure out how to fix it. Is it possible
to do this with Cabal?

phma
--
.i toljundi do .ibabo mi'afra tu'a do