sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] devices to dev swapover ver 0.2

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] devices to dev swapover ver 0.2
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:23:22 -0000 (Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page)

Robert Helgesson said:
> It's only my version of the init-system that requires devfs mounted at
> boot. We discussed automatically changing lilo.conf to force mounting
> but opted against it. The append line may appear on several places in a
> lilo.conf file (once per image= option) and changing the wrong one might
> lead to bad things happening.
>
> So you'll have to be very careful when changing to devfs. The default is
> to _not_ change though. I'll add an extra "Are you really, really,
> really sure you want to do this?" query :)
>
> The really smart user will probably keep the old system (unless it's
> causing problems) and get a working one the next time he installs.
> Assuming the ISO will install devfs on /dev.

That would be nice to have it on the next ISO (probably 0.8, 0.7 is due
out pretty soon, IIRC).

Benoit, can we get this done? All the steps required have been posted
here, so it'd mostly be a follow the steps procedure. :)

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61