sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Coding Styles . . .

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: jason AT flattfamily.com
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Coding Styles . . .
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:57:36 -0000

I'm mostly to blame for those tabs. When I rewrite a lib I usually use
tabs rather than spaces because hitting the space bar 12 times or the
backspace 12 times isn't my idea of fun for indentation.

A consistent coding style in sorcery would be nice, but due to a lack
of something written out on what this style is, and a lack of time to
code in it, it's not that way. There is (or was) a draft document on the
wiki on what we wanted the style like in a rewrite.

It's easy to maintain the same coding style if you're the only one
writing the code. It's hard to maintain if there are several people.