sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Coding Styles . . .

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Coding Styles . . .
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 07:45:04 -0700

This is a /really/ minor point, but I just thought I'd bring it up to find
out
where I/we stand on the issue.

When I first got into Sorcerer 1.5 years ago, one of the big things people
lauded Kyle about was how he wrote and spaced his code and how it made it so
much more readable. I personally could see some benefit to the way Kyle had
coded things, but I wasn't necessarily sure that his spacing was all /that/
wonderful. :^)

However, it seems that we in Source Mage have gotten away from that coding
style. It also seems to me that there really is /no/ coding style anymore
and it's possible to find code with single spaces, two or more spaces, tabs
and mixed spacing all through out the whole of Source Mage. I certainly
don't want to hold up progress w/my Type A tendencies, :^) but I also don't
want to hold up my progress by sticking to a coding style that no one else is
using.

So, which is it? Get uniform based on something someone has put into place,
or just go willy-nilly doing whatever?

--
Jason Flatt (jason @ flattfamily . com)
Father of five (http://www.flattfamily.com/)