sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ApVSys for parallel use of different versions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ApVSys for parallel use of different versions
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:10:20 -0700 (PDT)

Sergey A. Lipnevich said:
> Hi All,
>
> Any experience with the ApVSys tool? It allows to have several version
> of the same thing simultaneously (GCC 2.95, 3.2, 3.3), and allows to
> choose which one to use at any given time. Maybe we can customize it for
> our needs?
> The web site (www.apvsys.org) is not available for some reason, but
> Google has the cache:
> http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:ljri8dH0fRUJ:www.apvsys.org/+apvsys&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
>
> I learned about it from The GNU Brave World newsletter, it's GNU GPL of
> course, written in C.
>
> Sergey.

The site is up (at least at my end). Looks interesting...would all
commands have to be prepended with 'apv' then? I don't think many people
would want to do that. We could probably patch bash to do this for us, or
there may be a better way.

But there's no real reason to do this unless we are going to support
multiple versions (besides appending a number to the spell name) in
Sorcery.

Thoughts?

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61