sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL ISO v0.6-beta2 testing please!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Schabell M.Sc." <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL ISO v0.6-beta2 testing please!
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:09:05 +0100

> That is incorrect. I select the Timezone, optimize my architecture, and
> when I select "Done" the machine reboots and my OLD boot loader comes up
> with my OLD settings, not able to boot into the new setup to do anything.
> There is apparently a workaround (there's always boot floppies with GRUB)
> or finding some way to rerun LILO from the Shell with the correct
> settings, but why did we change it to this way? What do we gain from this
> new method?

Try "Disable Guided Menu" and reconfigure lilo, setup network (modules are
there)... everything works except the kernel headers are a bit wrong, heard
from iso guru that the following fix works:

cd /usr/src/linux
ln -s . include

> Can we get the 0.5.1 ISO back up on http://download.sourcemage.org? I
> have a few friends that I'd like to start setting up on SMGL, but the ISO
> is no longer there. I could host it for them, but my bandwidth isn't that
> great.

If someone has it, give access to Xenith and he can upload it right?

Eric (nr ? of four)