sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL ISO v0.6-beta2 testing please!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SMGL ISO v0.6-beta2 testing please!
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:06:14 -0700 (PDT)

Eric Schabell said:

>> The latest ISO is uninstallable. Everything goes fine until after
>> "Transfer SourceMage", where the next menu has the following options:
>>
>> Select Timezone
>> Architecture Optimize
>> Done
>> Shell
>> Disable Guided Menu
>>
>> Where is the "Compile Kernel" or the LILO installation? At this point,
>> the install is "stuck". If I select "Done", it starts rebooting.
>>
> So you select a timezone, arch opts and reboot right, you get a prompt,
> login,
> recompile kernel and setup networking? Guess it will work but need to
> adjust
> install docs?

That is incorrect. I select the Timezone, optimize my architecture, and
when I select "Done" the machine reboots and my OLD boot loader comes up
with my OLD settings, not able to boot into the new setup to do anything.
There is apparently a workaround (there's always boot floppies with GRUB)
or finding some way to rerun LILO from the Shell with the correct
settings, but why did we change it to this way? What do we gain from this
new method?

Can we get the 0.5.1 ISO back up on http://download.sourcemage.org? I
have a few friends that I'd like to start setting up on SMGL, but the ISO
is no longer there. I could host it for them, but my bandwidth isn't that
great.

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61