sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Usability study for spell look-ups

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Martin Ruderer <martin AT lddd.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Usability study for spell look-ups
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 23:19:20 +0200

Now that it comes to usability.

I try to box some sort of "gaze search -name string" into gaze, but
people (;-) seem to heavily dislike it.

I'd like it because it can be fast, only some seconds and I mostly am
only interested in the name, correct spelling, upper, lowercase etc.
And after all, I sometimes do only know parts of the name and it could
be far more convenient to make a short grep over the names before
fireing up the immense real search.

Well, it's up to you. (As open as it could be and I hope I don't
circumwent any important instance now. ;-)

--
Martin